Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chocolate-Pumpkin Cupcakes

Pin It Now!
Yesterday my darling Bug was home from preschool and begging me to help her cook something.  I had found this awesome recipe for "pupcakes" (this is what she calls them and I refuse to correct her)
Anyway..get this..two ingredients.  You read that right...2.  Now THAT is my kind of baking!  So simple you could probably let your kid make it themselves (just help with the oven of course)

Lets just say that I was totally skeptical about how these would taste.  I read through many of the reviews and added a bit more pumpkin spice so the pumpkin flavor would stand out a bit.  Also, good luck finding apple cider here, so I had to use regular apple juice and it made the icing a bit sweeter than I think it was meant to be.  Nevertheless, these are moist delicious pupcakes!  Beyond simple to make and no added fat from oil or eggs.  

So, what are you waiting for??  Get baking already!  :)



Pumpkin "PupCakes" (cupcakes)

One box cake mix- I used chocolate fudge
One can 100% Pure Pumpkin (not pie filling)
1-2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Combine the cake mix,pumpkin, and spice in a large bowl.  Beat at medium for 2 min. (making sure its all mixed together)
Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin tins (filling about 2/3)
Bake for 19 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)

Apple Cider Glaze:
1 cup powder sugar
2 Tbs of Apple Cider (or juice if you can't get cider)
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice

Directions:
Combine in a small bowl and drizzle or spread over cooled cupcakes.  Let it set before storing.

(original recipe curtsey of the Noble Pig)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...