Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spring Roll Salad

Pin It Now!
Working full time again has made it hard for me to keep up with my blogs!!  I feel so behind...but teaching again has really kept me busy and here in Saudi, that's such a good thing.  I must admit, I am amazed at how difficult it is to be a mom, wife and full time teacher.  Talk about trying to find balance in your life!  I'm so thankful I have a husband who is supportive and helps out...a lot.  
Of course, it's also taken a toll on my cooking style.  Thankfully, another lady who recently moved sold me her crock-pot.  What a lifesaver!!! (they don't exist here in Saudi...trust me, I've looked and looked!)  I've been scouring the web for amazing slow cooker recipes. 
In the meantime, I will try and get caught up with past recipes that I've been making.  

Another fab find from Pinterest.  It's my go-to cookbook now.  :)  
This was a great salad.  I made it to take to a pot luck and there wasn't nothing left at the end.  (which made me kind of sad because I was hoping for leftovers)
I had to alter the recipe based on what I could actually find here, but the end result was still delish.  

By the way....what's your favorite slow cooker recipe?





Ingredients:

Salad:
1pkg  Rice Noodles
3 cups Shredded Nappa Cabbage
1 carrot, cut to matchstick strips
1 cucumber, quartered and cut into slices
1 red bell pepper, cut into this strips
1 green onion, minced
1 can baby corn, sliced
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped mint (use less if you're not a fan of mint)

Dressing:
1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
2 Tbsp. Sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp minced ginger
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp lime zest
optional: black sesame seeds
*water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and bamboo strips would be great in this too!  Add some tiny shrimp twist!

Directions:
Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.  Then cut into 4 inch lengths.
Place noodles in a large bowl and add the rest of the salad ingredients.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing till combined.  Toss the salad with the dressing.  (or serve on the side and let people dress their own salad)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...